SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
- Location: London/ New York City
The Social Media Manager reporting to our Head of Brand at Dr. Barbara Sturm is responsible for growing and running the digital and social platforms of a global brand to support business growth and sales, ongoing brand positioning and reputation management. This role can based in London or NYC and may involve travel at key points throughout the year
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Global social media strategy for the brand, the individual and retail partners
- Tightly managed social publishing schedule
- Drive digital relationships with brand’s retail partners
- Identify and unlock innovative and strategic social and digital partnerships (platforms, digital companies) and wider digital marketing opportunities
- The candidate must be self-motivated and experienced in being able to create and drive strategic thinking, whilst simultaneously managing social platforms and real time decision making/execution.
- It is important that the candidate deeply understands the global digital landscape and is abreast of changing trends, technologies and platform developments.
- In addition, the candidate will have good working relationships and connectivity with all key social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Experience of the key Chinese / Asian social media channels and cultural knowledge a benefit.
- The candidate will have proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and may have had a combination of both agency and in-house positions. The candidate must be able to rapidly identify and action any issues or reputational risks and able to prioritise and manage workload in a timely manner.
- Based in London or New York, may involve travel at key points throughout the year
- Constant use of data and insight is crucial to drive innovative but solid strategic thinking. Flexibility to adapt the strategy in real time
- Strategic focuses of reaching new audiences, engagement and commercial success underpin thinking
- US, UK and Germany play a major role in our 2020 and beyond strategy, experience and understanding of the Chinese and Asian markets is a benefit.
- Content creation, influencer strategy and social storytelling tailored to each platform and reaching target audiences in a creative, relevant way.
- Working in tandem with brand retail partners in innovative ways to grow business is a key measure of success
- Close partnership with Communications team to deliver uniform messaging/issues management
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and publishing of high-profile social media accounts and communities, fan pages, social ad campaigns, cross brand partner promotion, and online communication strategy
- Support the team to create and plan innovative digital marketing campaigns including premium video, photo content, mobile specific content, email/newsletters, new partnerships, mobile and social apps
- Develop and expand a community and influencer program to target core target demographics
- Work closely with in house Digital, Commercial, PR and creative teams based in London, Los Angeles and New York to engage with consumers, enhancing brand loyalty to drive both engagement and revenue
- Key Liaison between all departments for digital activity including Head of Brand, Principal, CMO, Head of Ecommerce & Digital, PR, etc
- Planning and buying of SEM/social/mobile advertising with ROI
- Online Reputation management – identify threats and opportunities
- Monitor user generated content and trends in social media tools and applications
- Weekly reporting and statistics of social accounts, including social analytics overview and recommendations
- Keep up to date with growing trends and opportunities in the tech sector
- Digital, social media and online communications experience working in-house and agency side in the beauty and skin care brand industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experienced in managing digital agencies including social, production, creative, content, marketing, PR
- Copy writing, insights, content ideation, global digital strategy
- Used to working with both global central teams and local markets
- Content and rights clearance experience
- Entrepreneurial approach and creative thinker
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Discreet, diplomatic and ability to liaise at all levels.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Düsseldorf
We at Dr. Sturm are passionate about providing consumers with innovative solutions for skin, health and overall body's well-being. We are committed to developing innovative, high quality formulas and high quality products that improve the quality of skin and life for our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Development Manager responsible for the product development from concept to final product and its commercialization, for mainly the categories Supplements, US-marked adjusted cosmetic developments, beauty devices and merchandise. The job is based in our headquarter in Duesseldorf.
The candidate will work within a small and powerful Development Team, consisting of another Product Manager and the Head of department. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills and works well with cross-functional teams. He/she works on category strategy and conception in collaboration with the Head. Is responsible for the development and management of all products within his/her category.
- Working closely with contract manufacturers.
- Developing formula claims by working closely with legal and contract partners.
- Creates product briefs including product concepts. Manages all steps from the idea to finished product: bulk trials and internal testing, batch approvals, price and contract negotiations, regulatory, technical information, packaging…
- Partners closely with Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Creative, Sales, Education and ensures key milestones are met for flawless launch execution.
- Serves as a technical expert to support customer service, intra-company education…
- Manufacturer sourcing.
- Prepare ingredient data sheets and presentations to support product launch
- Provide updates and timelines to cross functional teams.
- Problem solve throughout development of the formula, as well as after product launch.
- Communicates effectively and consistently in writing and verbally with partners and staff. Manages new and existing productions within category.
- Assist on data migration from different software
- Monitor and evaluate product performance. Drives necessary course correction to ensure quality and marketability.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, ABILITIES & ATTITUDE:
- Highly motivated, creative and independent performer with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- Prestige brand experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, problem solving, resourceful, able to juggle multiple projects.
- Shows initiatives to drive results and solve problems and always be counted on to assume ultimate responsibility for the projects within his/her category.
- Ability to read and understand scientific publications.
- Teamplayer: A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is a group of people who trust each other. (Simon Sinek)
- Strong sense of ownership and hands-on mentality.
- Passion for high-quality products.
- Positive and motivated.
- An understanding of the cosmetics/supplement business is not mandatory, but a plus.
- Enjoys a friendly working atmosphere within a supportive team within a fast-growing global company.
- Location: London
Barbara Sturm Molecular Cosmetics is seeking a strong, detail-oriented, process driven, hands-on Finance Manager. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company, playing a crucial role in setting up the systems and processes for its continued success. The job requires an individual with the technical proficiency and experience to develop a best-in-class finance function in close cooperation with global operations and finance team. This role reports to the CFO.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial statements
- Provide KPIs and key metrics to monitor the company’s performance from topline to cash flow by sales channel
- Optimize controlling processes and reports
- Monitor receivables and payables including potential overdues with internal and external accountants
- Preparation of special analyses and ad-hoc inquiries
- Support in building a finance infrastructure
- Optimize gross margin and work closely with the demand planner
- Conduct regular treasury reviews with particular focus on currency management to ensure that material risks are mitigated
- Overall risk management for the company
- Act as main contact person for local auditors, tax consultants’ auditors
- Assist on data migration from different software
- Implement and monitor new financial systems and controlling tools/processes
- Assist the preparation and enforcement of transfer pricing for different subsidiaries
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in working with consumer brands, favorably in the beauty industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with a strong financial acumen
- Strong experience in managing Working Capital and Cash Flow
- Experience in private equity funded start-up /growth business is a plus
- Highly analytical mind and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in implementing ERP systems
- Fluent English and native German speaker
All interested applicants please send their CV and required documents to our Human Resources Department:
For all open roles please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that due to the many applications we receive - if you do not hear back from us within three weeks we will delete your application according to the DSGVO.
For all open roles please contact: email@example.com